I have an old, musty box in my basement full of clips from my days as a newspaper reporter. Nobody cares about any of that, and rightly so.
If, however, you’re interested in what I’ve written for other publications and sites lately, look no further.
It has been a joy to be a guest contributor to my very favorite site for women: DaySpring’s (in)courage blog.
• Three Little Words, published April 10, 2014
• Read with Those Who Read, published Oct. 14, 2014
• The Gift of Unfiltered Encouragement, published May 27, 2017
Deeper Waters is another site that seeks to encourage and equip women to be all that God desires them to be.
• The Only True Antidote to Worry, published Feb. 20, 2015
• Before Us and With Us, published Jan. 28, 2016
I’ve been delighted to have my writing featured on a few weekly blogger linkups, including:
• #TellHisStory, hosted by Jennifer Dukes Lee: What To Do When No One Notices
Grace & Truth is a collaborative effort among several Christian bloggers, each of whom highlights one linked-up post per week. It’s been my joy to have been selected for this feature on the following blogs:
• Dawn Klinge at Above the Waves: Sometimes, You Have to Put Yourself on Autopilot
• Aimee Imbeau at A Work of Grace: When Grace Interrupted My Pity Party
• Jennifer Clarke at A Divine Encounter: When You Fear You’re Running Out of Parenting Time
The “Amateur Nester” is a wonderful blogger who graciously uses her own experiences with infertility to reach out to others who also are dealing with this painful struggle. On her website, she features Q&As with a diverse range of voices, including mine.
• Lois’ Infertility & Adoption Story, published March 13, 2015
My hometown newspaper, the Kansas City Star, features reader columnists in its religion section, and I was in the writer rotation for that in 2013-2014. The Star doesn’t archive these articles for very long, so I will republish them on Waxing Gibbous and list them here afterwards.
• How a Psalm I Learned as a Child Saved Me as an Adult, originally published Nov. 16, 2013
• When You Want to Know God as Your Father, originally published Feb. 8, 2014
• What This (Barren) Mom Thinks on Mother’s Day, originally published May 10, 2014
• What I Did When I Lost My Voice in the Wilderness, originally published Aug. 16, 2014